Friday, May 31, 2013

Gold Barbie Dress

So, I made my first Laurel pattern from Collette Patterns for my trip to NY.   It has been the brands most popular pattern to date for good reason.  This pattern is just itching to be re-imagined, and there are so many ways you could change it up and re-imagine it!  This “dress” (my version really is too short to be called a dress) is made of sparkly gold and black brocade and is fully lined.  I used the wrong side of the fabric because I liked it better (it was shinier).  I wore it to a Broadway play (squeal!) and to get drinks while I was in New York. 


It really is indecently short when I sit down, but I think with leggings it works.  However, I wore it with tights, so I was very careful not to bend down all night.  This dress reminds me of an 80's Barbie dress, and that makes me so happy.  The best part of being a grown up is getting to be my own Barbie!

I will make this quick and easy pattern again and again in as many different ways as I can think of.  I absolutely adore it.



 Lastly, here is a picture of Willow and I both wearing dresses I made.  Whoo hoo!  My trip to NY was a total blast and I wish I had gotten more pictures!  Oh well, I'll make sure not to go another 30 years without seeing the city again, that's for sure.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment