Saturday, September 7, 2013

A Day In The Sun


I LOVE swimwear.  Let me explain…I love FLATTERING swimwear.  In fact, the things I am willing to spend the most money on are underwear and bras, with swimwear slipping into a close second. 
It makes a lot of sense to spend money on these things because if you don’t buy good underwear and bras, your whole look suffers.  In some ways, swimwear is even more important because it is worn on the outside, in front of people!  If you don’t feel awesome in your swimsuit, you are not going to be able to let go of your cares and just swim, and swimming is the most fun thing in the world!!!  Don’t argue with me.  Funnest ever.  Period. 

Of course, there may be some wonderful inexpensive options too, but I haven't found any that work for my body type.  If you know something I don't, let me know!  Expensive or not, we all know good swimwear is hard to come by.  Personally, I like a more covered up, retro inspired look, but I also need a bit of lift.  This will be the first of two swim inspired posts, but for today, I'm just going to show you some swimsuits that I have worn in the past, and felt absolutely fabulous in.  

2010- very sickly and skinny (for me anyway), but still rocking it! Swimsuit by Modcloth.  


 2011????-Feeling healthy and happy.  :)  Bottoms by Victoria's Secret. top by Lands End.  




In this photo and the one under it, I am wearing J-Crew suits. These tops were a bit too big, but both bottoms are still in rotation!  

 2012- Such a lovely day in the Sun.  Suit from Anthropologie.


Same suit, much blonder hair.  

2013- A weekend trip to the lake.  Etsy suit.






The next day.  Suit by Anthropologie.



I do have some tips and tricks for getting nice suits for less, but that will have to wait for my next swim inspired post.  However my best tip may help you now: wait until the end of the season and see what is on sale!  Go now!  The sales have already begun!

Even though the summer is technically over, I still have some swimming in my near future.  I hope you do too, and I hope you feel fabulous when you do it!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment