Sunday, October 9, 2011

Welcome Fall!

 It's October, so that means it is time to bring out the fall clothes and jackets!  Fall is the best time of year for people who love clothes, because it is when you can start wearing the boots, scarves, leggings, and all the other fun cold weather accessories.



This beautiful bright green coat was a gift from my friend and co-blogger Rachie several years ago. It is very light, and perfect for the beginning of Fall when there is just a hint of a chill in the air. The scarf is from Target and was a gift from my sister Rachel.  It is a lovely marigold color, and it is super soft.  Bright green and marigold (or it's misunderstood cousin mustard) are two of my favorite colors to wear because they are so bright and cheerful, and also because a lot of people are afraid to wear them.  I say, never be afraid of color, or standing out!   



Underneath I wore a super luxurious and soft hand-me-down shirt that is white with brown spots that I got from Rachie last time I visited her (I think from Banana Republic, but I'm not sure) as the focal point of my outfit.  I also have on dark grey leggings form Urban Outfitters, a long  pink sweater with a jeweled design in place of pockets (I always, always get compliments on this sweater!) from The Loft, and my new black leather boots from Dillard's (on sale for less than $100 last month!). 

The long shirt, leggings combo is my favorite.  The trick is to always make sure the shirt fully covers your crotch and butt (sorry to be crass) and you are good to go.  Laddies, please, please don't wear leggings as pants with a short shirt.  It is just way, way too much information!

                                                Here is a close up on my new boots.  Love! 

***P.S.-As you can see, I accidentally dyed my hair back to it's original brown again.  Oops!  I guess that is what you get when you insist on cutting and dying your own hair.  Sometimes you get some interesting results.  Hey, the girl on the box looked like her hair was red to me!  It was fun while it lasted, but also kind of nice to feel like myself again.  :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment