Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Working It

Office dress codes, hum-drum cubicles and bad lighting can make dressing for work a drag.  I for one never mind standing out and dress up for work every day, but if you just want to add a little bit of style to an otherwise pretty bland office uniform, hats and headbands are a great accessory to try.  They also work wonders for not-so-newly washed hair for those days when you hit the snooze button one or two too many times. :P

These photos were taken within the last two weeks with my camera phone under my own terrible office lighting.  Don't I make a cute little office drone? ;)

Headband by Forever 21.  Earrings and sweater from the Limited.

Cloth bow headband from Urban Outfitters.  I wore it with a stripped long sleeved tee, black skinny pants and maroon leather flats (all from GAP).  Very Audrey Hepburn!

This maroon beret is from H&M.  I wore it with a cable nit sweater dress, skinny jeans and my Dillard's ridding boots. 
 Of course, hats and hair accessories aren't just a way to brighten up the office.  I borrowed this awesome hat from my friend Rachie last time I visited her in Portland.  I wore it with my favorite Urban Outfitters dress and leather platforms (both of which will be in future blog posts for sure!).




So be bold and try an accessory for your noggin!  You are sure to stand out without looking inappropriate or too flashy.  I'll be sure to share some more awesome headbands and hats with you all soon.  Until then, get to work!  

No comments:

Post a Comment