Sunday, May 6, 2012

My boat dress

Before I head out on my work trip, I just wanted to show off my newest creation.  I was ga-ga over this awesome boat dress from British brand Lowie but it is way out of my price range.  Then I thought, "I could make that!"  Or at least, a version of it.  

Here is the original awesome dress that I cannot have.
Shirt Dress - Sailboat Blue - Click Image to Close 

And here I am in my version.  This was not the finished product (you mat notice the pins in the collar, and my stocking feet), but I didn't want to miss the light.  Look how great the fit of the dress is!  I finally got it right with the size 6.

I used the Peony pattern again, but I added a Peter Pan collar.  This is my favorite dress so far!  Here is the finished product on my dress form.  Pretty cute right?  I can't wait to wear it out!  



I'd really like to do a series of boat themed garments in the future.  It is suck an adorable free design.  I will be keeping my eye out for boat themed fabric from now on, and make as many variations as I can.


















No comments:

Post a Comment