Monday, November 26, 2012

Twilight Zone Dress

Imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning to find that a dress I had just made last week had appeared on Modcloth!  Okay, so it wasn't really the one I made, but it was so dang near its twin that I nearly fainted!

This is the dress that I made:
I found a little red belt to go with it.  Also, the dress is a  bit wrinkled because I wore it once already.  

Back view.  



And this is the Modcloth version:

It is the exact same fabric that I got from Amazon!  How very odd.

The strange thing about this Modcloth version to me is that the comic book print on the fabric is all jokes about home sewing and its virtues.  It seems a little odd to manufacture a dress which has fabric that is all about sewing things yourself, but maybe that's just me.

The funny thing is that I almost made my dress with a full skirt like this too, but decided it didn't make any sense with the pattern since the ladies on the dress all had slim dresses. Again, maybe I was just being too literal with the fabric.

In any case, I am very proud of my little dress, even  though it has a Twilight Zone version. I guess it at least proves that home sewing can save you some money, since the Modcloth version originally about $100 and was on sale for $75, and my dress cost less than $30 to make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment