Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Summer So Long Oolong

Summer, I miss you already!  I love fall clothes, but I am going to miss the warm weather and the simple ease of summer dresses.
Take this lovely Oolong for example.  I made this dress for my trip to California last month, and I am just now making the time to blog about it.  I have actually already made a second, shorter version of this dress that will be a little more wearable into the fall since it is darker and works with leggings.  A post for another day!
This pattern was marked as “intermediate” based on the fact that it is cut on the bias to add ease. No zippers or closures required!  Cutting fabric on the bias can be a little tricky to master when you are first starting out, but really, this pattern was one of the easiest and most rewarding patterns I have ever tried.  In fact, this was one of the quickest dresses to make from start to finish, and it is still so completely lovely!  My favorite type of patterns are the ones you can cut out, sew and be done with in one day, and this simple summer frock fit the criteria, without ending up looking like a sack.  Success! 
I am forcing myself to try some other patterns for a while before going back in for a third Oolong, but it is difficult!  This dress was just so fun to make and wear.  I definitely recommend this pattern to anyone. Anyone I say!

Barrette, Anthropologie.  Purse, gift.  Dress by me!


My handsome hubby.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment