Friday, April 27, 2012

Accessorizing for a Busy Print


Try as I might, I couldn’t get a good picture of myself in my new Peony dress without help, so I decided to make this post about accessories. 
Trying to put some effort into my accessorizing has been a mini goal of mine recently.   Usually I am just too lazy to do much more than slap a big bow on my head (which I still plan to do quite often by the way) and call it a day, but I have a jewelry box full of beautiful bobbles just going to waste!  Well I say, ‘no more’! 
I really like big chunky pieces, but I also like delicate subtle pieces.  What you wear with your outfit can totally change the whole feel of your over all look. 
This dress has a simple shape which really calls for jewelry in order to make it pop.  But the bold print would over power subtle jewelry and might end up looking gaudy with big loud jewelry.  This contradiction could make picking out the right jewelry a challenge, but luckily, I actually had the perfect combination of jewelry to work with this dress already in my collection! 

These earrings that my sister gave me for my birthday match this pattern so well; it is amazing that they didn’t come together!  However, I think that the fact that they don’t match exactly perfectly pattern wise is what really makes them work together. 
As a side note:  I really love wearing large earrings with short hair.  It makes the earrings themselves stand out so beautifully, while also calling attention to the face. 


This bamboo necklace that my husband gave me for our anniversary a few years ago is one of my most treasured positions.  It actually has a pair of matching earrings that I also love, but I feel that they look better as separate pieces than as a matching set.  This necklace is large, but the delicate chain helps to balance the piece and keeps it from looking garish, as does the muted natural bamboo color.  I think it looks especially great with this dress, but I also love to wear it in unexpected ways, like with a more delicate dress that I think most people would pair more precious dainty pieces with. 
Someday I will get a better shot of the dress itself, but for now I will say that I am very happy with how it turned out.  I learned a lot about sewing and fit from actually wearing my Truffle dress, and I am now learning just as much by actually wearing my first (of many) Peonies. 

I hope you are all having a beautiful day and feeling great about yourselves!  Blog to you soon.  :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment