Monday, April 30, 2012

Mixing Patterns

This is my husband’s favorite dress ever (guess why!).  It is dry clean only so I wear it pretty rarely, but I decided to wear it the other day for a date night.  I got the dress from Modcloth last year (or the year before?).  It is a great light summer dress.  It is very comfortable and flattering. 
Dress: Modcloth. Shoes: Urban outfitters.  Headband: Anthropology. 



The feature of my outfit however, was this awesome headband that my friend Jessica bought me for my birthday from Anthropology.  We had a special birthday  shopping trip a few weekends back where we each bought each other birthday presents (I got her a super cute skirt that looks awesome on her). 



This headband is bright mustard with pink and turquoise dots on it.  It is pretty much in my favorite color pallet ever.  However, it isn’t a super practical headband because it doesn’t go with a lot of stuff unless you are willing to mix prints, which I actually am just getting into.  (I’ll update this post by adding some up-close shots of the patterns on these pieces soon)
So, even though at first glance the pattern on the dress doesn’t match the pattern on the headband, if you look closely you find that the flowers on the dresses skirt are teal and pink, and since my purse that I used is mustard, it all ended up looking awesome together!  Yay!  Personally, I am loving that it is becoming a trend to mix patterns.  It really opens up your wardrobe and a whole new way to express yourself through fashion. 
What do you think?  Have you tried mixing prints yet?  How do you feel about the trend? 


4 comments:

  1. It is because of your BOOBS! He loves your boobs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha! You win the prize! Which is…my love and friendship? Wha wha.

      Delete
  2. I recently shared a blog post in which the author mixed stripes and polka dots I think....so I'm loving it on other people. I have yet to try it out myself but I love your look here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just now figuring it out BeautyGirl! It feels good to get it right though! :)And thanks!

      Delete