Monday, October 22, 2012

Candy Land Party Dress



Here is a dress I made using the bodice pieces from The Party Dress Book (see last post), with the rest being of my own design.  The next photo is from before I installed the blue zipper, but I pined it to my dress form to show how the colors look together.  The dress is held up by the halter, which is adjustable and totally removable just in case I wanted to wear this dress as a strapless and use the halter as a belt that could tie as a bow in the back (PS-This will never happen-but it could!).  Doesn't it look like it belongs on a doll or in a fairy world?



I used cotton for the whole dress.  The yellowish green fabric is left over from my other "Party Dress" (next post), and the green striped fabric is from my scrap collection from high school that I probably got from a garage sale at some point but never used.   I loved it so much, but I didn't have a lot of it.  Lucky me-I found the perfect way to feature it with this dress!

As you can see in the next picture, this dress is fully lined in the yellowish green fabric.


I also wanted to show that I could totally wear this dress without a bra (pictured below) because the bodice is so structured.  That might be a nice feature in the summer when wearing a bra feels like just a little bit too much effort.  It would also be nice because I HATE STRAPLESS BRAS!  We will see if I am actually bold enough to go bra-less in public though.  :P



I am very proud of how this dress came out, especially because so much of it was my own design. It is a pretty unusual dress, but I just love it.  I can't wait to have a chance to wear it out somewhere!  :)






 

No comments:

Post a Comment