Monday, October 22, 2012

The Perfect Party Dress

Here it is!  The loveliest dress I have made so far!  Yes, I still made mistakes, but all-in-all, I think it is wonderful.

I actually made this dress at the same time as my other Party Dress (last post).  I made all of the bodice pieces, including the linings, and then I made the skirts and the rest of the two dresses.  Needless to say, it is a good thing that I don't have an active social life because I got to spend one whole day making both of these!  :)  The only thing I didn't finish in that day was sewing on one of the zippers, but at that point my fingers were practically bleeding from so much sewing- so I let myself add that one in the morning. 

I have always wanted a dress that looked pretty much just like this: with little bows on the shoulders, a cute sweetheart neckline, in an unusual but pretty pattern, and best of all-lined!  If only it had pockets it would be perfect, but I can for sure attempt that next time.

I am also excited that although it is fitted, it still fits perfectly (as does the last one from this pattern)!  I am so proud of myself right now for not only trying something new, but succeeding at it!  

Wouldn't you think this dress came from Modcloth if you didn't know it was hand made?   I would have! 

Dress front- clothes drying on the rack in the background.  Always hand wash hand-made clothes! 


Red metal zipper; yellowish green lining. 

Sleeve detail-dress ties at shoulders. 

AHHHHHH!!!  I wish I could stop doing anything but sewing and sew a million dresses right now, but alas, I am not aloud to do that.  I love this pattern and will for sure be using it again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment