Friday, January 25, 2013

Parfait number two

I couldn't help myself, I decided to do one more short post today and show off my new Parfait.  :)

I actually made this dress in December but haven't gotten around to posting until now.  This is my second Parfait, this time with several alterations.  I am really getting a hang of these intermediate patterns!  Actually, this one was a snap, and a lot of fun to sew.  I added tie straps and a full skirt for a bit of whimsy.  This dress is made of very light cotton so in my closet it will stay until summer.  But I can't wait to get a chance to pull it out then!  It doesn't fit on my dress form, so it is pinned on.  



6 comments:

  1. oh that is just beautiful! perfect fabric for that pattern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Meg! A friend gave me this fabric, and I agree it ended up being perfect for the Parfait. :)

      Delete
  2. I love this! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! Looking forward to your next post too. :) You are giving me some serious legging envy!

      Delete
  3. Nicole, you are so talented!! This is just gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chelsea! I am pretty pleased with my progress this year. :) I hope someday I will be able to draft my own patterns.

      Delete