Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Growing Out the Pixie: Month Eight

I can't believe I started growing out my hair eight months ago!!!  This is taking forever.  BUT the good news is that it is finally starting to look like "on purpose" hair, rather than "growing it out so what did you expect?" hair.  Yay!

Here are several examples of styles I totally did on purpose, not just to hide the weird spots in my hair:
First thing in the morning, no make-up and hair still not brushed.  I don't have to wash it to get rid of the pixie cut morning cow licks!  Yay!
Work appropriate.  

Date night!

Zoo day!
three year wedding anniversary.  

I can also do very small pigtails now, which to me means my hair is getting very long.  In a month or two, I may even be able to do a little ponytail.  It's so funny to me that the rest of the world would look at my hair and think it was short, but for me it is getting so long!  Ha!  I don't regret growing it out one bit.  I really feel like I am leaving behind my last pixie haircut.  Although, as always, if you haven't tried short hair before, I totally recommend it.  It is very freeing!  But I think this blog has proved that it does take a lot of work and patience to grow it out.  Hopefully I will remember to look back at this if I ever get the itch to chop it all of again.  I'm ready for it to be long!  

No comments:

Post a Comment