Monday, December 31, 2012

Green Parfait Delight

Okay folks, here it is!  My second intermediate (as opposed to beginner) dress pattern finished!  Meet the Parfait.  Cute, right? 


I must say, this pattern is a lot more fun to use than the Chantilly, although the results of my newest Chantilly are really pretty spectacular (future post!).  While the Chantilly pattern takes me weeks and weeks to get through  (I have now made two and don't plan on making more), with a ton of mistakes and frustration along the way, the Parfait is fairly simple to sew for an intermediate pattern.  Yes, it did take a bit longer than some of my beginner patterns, but I could feel it coming together nicely and I felt pretty comfortable while making it.  This is what sewing is all about: having fun while getting to be creative! 

The fit was also wonderful, if I do say so myself!  The only thing I have left to do is to sew some decorative buttons onto the straps, but it is wearable now without them.  I used snaps instead of working buttons for this dress, simply because I don't have the skill set to make button holes yet. 

I am already working on my next (modified this time) Parfait using pink cotton. I foresee a lot of Parfaits in my future.  I highly recommend this pattern as a first time jaunt into the world of intermediate patterns.  I just love how it turned out!


The dogs had to get in on the fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment