Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sunny Summer Separates

Here is another post I meant to write in July.  Oh well!  Sometimes I am having too much fun to remember to document my cute outfits.  There are worse problems in the world, I would guess.

Not that it was particularly difficult to draft (no pattern required) but this is another one of my own designs.  This yellow dress is actually a skirt and top combo.  Awesome, right? I wore the shirt portion to the lake over leggings (it is long enough to cover my bum) early in July.  I wish I got some photos, but I was just having way too much fun to remember to snap a pic.  Next time.   

Notice the little pocket on the skirt.  Just big enough for my cell phone.  :)


I made both of these pieces really quickly, and they both had some "mistakes" in them that ended up making them even better than expected.  Isn't it great when that happens?  For example, I was trying to make the gathering on the top centered, but it ended up more to the side.  That was kind of awesome though because it changed how the top fit, making it more sleek and less billowy than I had anticipated.  It was a much cuter shape, especially when I wore the top on its own.  I had always planned on making the flowers off-center, so it ended up working nicely with the drape of the top.  Yay for happy accidents!


 I also wanted to show off this adorable hair clip I got from Anthropologie.  On sale, thank goodness!  I drool over all of their headbands and hair accessories but they are super expensive when they are full price.  The earrings were a gift from a friend, and the shoes are Urban Outfitters.  The blue tank I have had for years (American Eagle maybe?).


We are well into August now friends, and I am starting to panic.  I am not ready to say good-bye to summer.  Not even close!  I need to make a mental note right now to get out and enjoy the sun while I still can.  Swimming anyone?  

No comments:

Post a Comment