Wednesday, January 29, 2014

1940's Magic- Part 2

Finally, a vintage inspired pattern that looks pretty much exactly as expected!



Remember when I was talking about the finished dress not looking very much like the pattern envelope? This dress is a refreshing exception.  See?

I learned my lesson with the first dress, followed the directions precisely, I did not even shorten the skirt, and this dress turned out perfectly! In fact think it is my most beautiful dress yet.


I used cotton again, this time from my last trip to Portland. I had three yards, and it was the perfect amount, which was great since the dress calls for such a full skirt.

I lined up the seams just right. I added the lining the way I was supposed to (this time), and I finished the dress with hand sewn detailing to add to the vintage feel.

I absolutely love the 1940’s silhouette, but haven’t had a lot of experience sewing this shape. The whole sewing process took most of my Saturday, but was actually very exciting and rewarding. Sometimes sewing is more work than fun, but that was not the case for this little beauty.

Being so successful in my sewing adventures always makes me excited to start my next project! I can’t wait to share what I’ll be working on next, but that is a post for another day. :) Have a wonderful Wednesday!





No comments:

Post a Comment