Sunday, January 5, 2014

Butterick 5949 Revisited

 Remember this green dress I made back in October?  Would you believe that I used the same pattern to make this adorable jacket?  Well I did!  This pattern has turned out to be one of the most versatile in my collection, and one of my all time favorites.

 Although I used parts of the 5949 pattern, this jacket was basically my own design.  I made my own band, used vintage fabric for the outer shell and lined it with beautiful silky fabric on the inside.  Lastly, I used bias tape all around the edges and added snaps and a hook to keep it closed.  I really love how it turned out.  It works perfectly for the occasions that call for a short jacket, which are surprisingly many in my wardrobe.

 A flash of the lining.  

I made this jacket for my Portland trip last month, along with two other dresses from this pattern, all of which I have failed to blog about.  Oops!  Oh well.  I'm going to make a point of wearing them all again soon so I can show how busy a little sewing bee I really have been lately.  

I paired this dress with a Modcloth dress, green gap jeans, my favorite boots and an Etsy necklace.  I got the dress for $15 dollars during a Modcloth "Stylish Surprise" sale which is basically a wonderful grab bag from heaven.  You never know what you are going to get, but it is from Modcloth so you know it is worth more than $15.  This last grab bag sale was my best haul yet (I have done it three times), and this was my favorite piece of the bunch (I ordered two dresses and two pairs of shoes).  

That's all for now though.  I hope everyone is having a wonderful night without any post holiday blues.  Besides the dresses that I made last month, I have already finished a brand new dress today that I will feature tomorrow.  Yay for sewing!  Yay for Modcloth!  Yay for pretty clothes!  

No comments:

Post a Comment