Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Vintage dream

Isn't this dress amazing???  I had to wear a girdle (not a joke) to get this over my butt and hips, but it was worth it.  

I got this handmade vintage dress from Etsy, from a shop that unfortunately has closed since.  Not only is it a beautiful find, it also has lots of hand-made details that the 1950's were known for.  Clothing construction in the 1950's was pretty amazing and something I definitely want to learn more about and emulate.   
This dress features a mandarin collar and is made out of a silky material which is very very delicate.  I wore it  (carefully) with a beaded belt and my tan Dillard's pumps.  
I am really on a vintage sewing kick, and wonderful pieces like this really teach me a lot.  Also, I can't wait to wear it again!  


2 comments:

  1. Oh my good lord, you look so foxy in that dress! I want it! That fabric is gorgeous! Exclamation point, EXCLIMATION POINT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! Thank you, and yes I know! I look so great in these photos, I'm not even going to pretend to be modest. There are actually a lot of similar ones on Etsy. I know you don't normally do 1950's vintage, but this dress is style can be really easily updated with accessories. :)

      Delete