Monday, March 4, 2013

1940’s Style

Boo. I keep forgetting to take photos when I am wearing my reversible Chantilly pattern dress that I made several months ago.  I wore it last night for the first time on the purple paisley side and forgot about photos until it was too late.  Someday…
In the meantime, here is what I am wearing today! 
I absolutely love 1940’s style dresses, especially slightly modernized (read room for hips) versions.  I have a handful of dresses that I consider 1940’s-ish, and this is one of them.  I just love how this navy and red dress fits close to the body without being too sexy to wear to work.  The slightly puffed sleeves are my favorite part.  I paired this Modcloth dress with sweater tights from Target, a camel colored hat from Urban Outfitters, and some thrifted kitten heals. 



 
Here are some great examples of 1940’s style dresses for inspiration.  Just looking at these makes me want to go home and watch “His Girl Friday.” 




And just for fun- here is another great hat I wore a few weeks ago!  This one is from Anthropologie.  Hats are so great, especially when you don’t feel like washing your hair every freaking day…hats are the lazy girls shampoo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment