Tuesday, April 23, 2013

New Patterns and Fabric!

Last weekend, I got these three lovely fabrics in the mail:



And I also recently bought a handful of new patterns, so I can hardly think about anything other than sewing right now!  This is the cover art from the new patterns:




 


The first pattern that I really wanted to try was Butterick B5813, but I was a bit nervous to get started. It is a pretty complicated pattern, and I really didn't want to waste my beautiful fabric! 


I LOVE the drawings on the cover, but, as I have intestines, my waist doesn't look quite like the one pictured.  This makes it hard to tell what the pattern will really look like on a real girl. 

Also, patterns are sized with so much vanity sizing, it is a frustrating process trying to get an accurate measurement without a lot of trial and error.  This pattern took a lot of adjusting, also considering the fact that there is a 12 inch difference between my hips and my waist, and I generally need to size up in the bust too.  Yes folks, I have my work cut out for me on this one.  BUT, miraculously, so far it is coming out so so well!  here is what it looks like thus far:



The pattern I am second most excited about is this one:

It is intended to be a 1940's/ 1950's style robe, but I am going to make it a bit shorter, use cotton or rayon, and turn it into a wrap dress.

I would love to get three new dresses and one pencil skirt done by my first trip ever to New York coming up May 6.  Not too ambitious, right?  Yeah right.  I also have some unselfish sewing planed, but it is hard to put down these beautiful shinny new patterns for even a second!  I can't wait to see how they all turn out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment