Saturday, April 27, 2013

Outfit post: Lady in Red

I LOVE wearing red.  It is just such a flattering color on me, and really, I think, most people.  I got this dress at Downtown Disney this February, and have worn it a lot since then. I wore it most recently this last Monday to the office, then to a local restaurant called Cool Water Fusion, that I would also like to recommend if you are ever in Albuquerque. Great food, and a nice atmosphere.  :)    


 I love how this dress looks paired with these thrifted vintage heals because the color match of the white and red is so perfect. 



Dinner out with the hubby, and a cute dress.  What could be better? 


2 comments:

  1. That's a great dress! The type you can't have too many of. Strangely enough, red is one of those colors that simply does not work on me. I think it might be partly preference and personality related, though, I'm too shy for red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly! Nice to hear from you again! :)

      Although you would never know it from my blog, I am actually a very shy person myself (total introvert/homebody/ dork) in all aspects except for my wardrobe. I use clothes to help me express myself. Personally, I think adding color is a great way to dip your toe in to showing your personality through clothes, without the fear of wearing something that is low cut or loud in other ways. Color is the gate way drug to experimenting with your own style!

      I have been reading your blog too, and you are a really talented seamstress! think a great way for someone to add a little "frosting" (as you call it) to their wardrobe is to start by experimenting with color in shapes you are already comfortable with. Even if red just isn't your thing, I challenge you to try a color you have always wanted to, but were afraid would make you too noticeable. Yellow, orange or an interesting green maybe. Don't worry about if anyone else will like it. If you feel good in it, you will look beautiful. Confidence really is the most beautiful thing any woman can wear.

      Meanwhile, I'm gonna keep checking into your blog to see what new thing you have created. Keep up the great work fellow sewing lady!

      Delete